Thank you for your continued interest in Sony products.
Sony is offering a system software update for Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera [ILCE-7RM2].
[Applicable model name of the product]
Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera [ILCE-7RM2].
[Applicable system software version of the units]
The applicable products are with the system software version “Ver2.00” or earlier.
(Please visit the download page to check the system software version installed on your product.)
After updating, the system software version will be “Ver.3.00”.
[Contents of update]
- Improvement of 4K movie recording time when the vertical grip (VG-C2EM) is being used or when APS-C/Super35mm mode is being activated.(Improvement by approx. 20%) (*)
- Picture quality improvement.
- * The maximum continuous recording time is approximately 29 minutes.
- ILCE-7RM2 for Windows -
- ILCE-7RM2 for Mac -
Refer to the Help Guide(online manual) when you would like to know details.
* Sony provides the update program for free on our website, but Sony will ask for a technical fee for the update service at the service counter and a courier service fee if requested.
[Contact in Japan]
Sony DI Call Center (toll-free number):
After you dial the number, please dial "402" + "#". This will directly connect you to the person in charge.
Monday through Friday - 9:00 to 18:00
Saturday, Sunday and Holidays - 9:00 to 17:00
- Personal information, such as your name and/or mailing address, provided to the contact above shall be kept and used by Sony Corporation, Sony Customer Service (Japan) Inc. and Sony Marketing (Japan) Inc. (hereinafter, “Sony”) for providing services mentioned herein or related thereto. Such companies as set forth above may disclose your personal information to the subcontractors for such services under the conditions that such subcontractors shall keep, use and erase the information in the same way as “Sony” does.
- Corporation in charge of handling the personal information received for this matter is Sony Corporation.
- If you want to refer, change, erase or terminate the use of your personal information, contact the above customer support center. (In case of erasure or termination, customers may not be provided with appropriate support)