Thank you for your continued interest in Sony products.
Sony is offering a firmware update for Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera “α99” [SLT-A99].
[Applicable model name of the product]
Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera “α99” [SLT-A99]
[Applicable firmware version of the units]
The applicable products are with the System software version “Ver1.01” or earlier.
[Contents of update]
- Provides support for the ”Dual AF” function compliant lens: SAL50F14Z
- Addition of HDMI simultaneous output mode
In addition to the existing HDMI simultaneous output during movie recording,
the camera will be able to display smooth 60fps video on an external monitor connected
via HDMI and on the LCD screen of the camera simultaneously also during movie recording standby.
The camera needs to be in Movie mode with [HDMI Info. Display] set to [Off]
- SLT-A99 System software for Windows -
- SLT-A99 System software for Mac -
* Sony provides the upgrade program for free on our website, but Sony will ask for a technical fee for the upgrade service at the service counter and a courier service fee if requested.
[Contact in Japan]
After you dial the number, please dial "402" + "#". This will directly connect you to the person in charge.
|Opening hours:||Monday through Friday - 09:00 to 18:00
Saturday, Sunday and Holidays - 9:00 to 17:00
- Personal information, such as your name and/or mailing address, provided to the contact above shall be kept and used by Sony Corporation, Sony Customer Service (Japan) Inc. and Sony Marketing (Japan) Inc. (hereinafter, “Sony”) for providing services mentioned herein or related thereto. Such companies as set forth above may disclose your personal information to the subcontractors for such services under the conditions that such subcontractors shall keep, use and erase the information in the same way as “Sony” does.
- Corporation in charge of handling the personal information received for this matter is Sony Corporation.
- If you want to refer, change, erase or terminate the use of your personal information, contact the above customer support center. (In case of erasure or termination, customers may not be provided with appropriate support)