IMPORTANT NOTE :
This software is not intended to be used for any other model as mentioned below ! This update requires a previously installed CONNECT Player version on your computer.
Sony offers this CONNECT Player Software Update for the owners of the following Network WALKMAN :
- CONNECT Player Software version 1.0.00.10190 / 1.0.01.11020 / 1.0.02.11170 / 1.0.03.13130
- Supports Atrac3plus 352Kbps ripping
- Playlists can be saved in M3U format
- Information dialog boxes added
- CONNECT Player software hangs when exiting
- Windows Security warning message is displayed when CONNECT Player software is started
- CONNECT Player software reports script errors when accessing the CONNECT Store within the application
- CONNECT Player software displays “tinyhttp.exe” error message when more than 1.000 tracks are being transferred to the device.
- CONNECT Player software instability after having imported more than 3000 tracks into the application
- Connect Player software does not restart after having dragged and dropped more than 3000 tracks from the library into the 'Now Playing' queue.
1.0.00.10190 / 1.0.01.11020
- CD Extra and WMA are supported
- Improved Audio CD Ripping
- Improved New Playlist creation
- Improved Track Transfer / Editing and Sorting
- Improved Gracenote CDDB registration
- "Tinyhttp.exe" error while formatting A-series WALKMAN in CONNECT Player has been solved
1.0.00.10190 / 1.0.01.11020 / 1.0.02.11170
- Editing information of tracks is not reflected properly
- Tracks can't be transferred with a different bitrate
- Database stability improvement
- CD Ripping issue when drive letter is not a Capital letter
- Track's rating might not be reflected when "Group By" is changed
- Search function is not working when there are spaces in the keywords
- Library stability improvement when using drag & drop feature
- Deleting track from library / device can cause instability to the application
- Some transferred tracks might not be played back
- Editing Metadata information can cause trouble in the sorting of tracks
- Ripped tracks quality could be altered after cancelling the ripping
1.0.00.10190 / 1.0.01.11020 / 1.0.02.11170 / 1.0.03.13130
- Improved general processing speed of the application
- CD Extra is supported
- WMA (VBR) can be transcoded to OMA
- Track transfer stability improved
- Transcoding of transferred tracks is improved
- CDDB connection improved
- Launch the CONNECT Player software.
- Click on Help button
- Click on About CONNECT Player
- CONNECT Player version will be displayed
- A popup window will appear informing you there is a software update available
- Follow the onscreen instructions in order to update the version of CONNECT Player software
- Restart your computer when the process will be finished
- Make sure that the new Software Version is 1.0.04.16100
(English Version - 17Mb)
IMPORTANT NOTE :
Manual installation is only needed if Automatic Update is not possible !
- Download CP-PM-Update-1.0.04.16100-English_UK.exe by accepting below disclaimer and save it to a download directory.
If you have a different language version select the required language first by using the language dropdown box at the left side of this page
- Go to the download directory and double-click CP-PM-Update-1.0.04.16100-English_UK.exe to start the installation.
- The CONNECT Player Ver.1.0.04 Update Program Wizard starts.
- Click Next and wait while Setup installs the new software
- Click Finish when the installation is completed and restart your computer.
|[Software Download Legal Agreement]
|END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR SONY SOFTWARE
You should carefully read the following agreement before using this CONNECT Player Software Update (version 1.0.04.16100) download service program and its related materials ("SONY SOFTWARE"). Using the SONY SOFTWARE indicates your acceptance of the agreement. If you do not agree with it, you are not authorized to use the SONY SOFTWARE.
IMPORTANT-READ CAREFULLY: This End-User License Agreement ("EULA") is a legal agreement between you and Sony Corporation. ("SONY"), the licensor of the SONY SOFTWARE. This EULA covers the SONY SOFTWARE. The SONY SOFTWARE includes computer software, whether stored on any media or downloaded from the designated site of SONY for SONY SOFTWARE users ("SONY Site"), the associated media, any printed materials, and any "on-line" or electronic documentation and all updates and upgrades thereto. You may use the SONY SOFTWARE only with a single computer and your Sony Network Walkman ("Sony Portable Devices"). By installing, copying or otherwise using the SONY SOFTWARE, you agree to be bound by the terms of this EULA.
If you do not agree to the terms of this EULA, SONY is unwilling to license the SONY SOFTWARE to you. In such event, you should not use or copy the SONY SOFTWARE.
SONY SOFTWARE LICENSE
The SONY SOFTWARE is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. The SONY SOFTWARE is licensed, not sold.
GRANT OF LICENSE. This License grants you the following right:
Software. You may install and use one copy of the SONY SOFTWARE on a single computer.
Storage/Network Use. You may not use the SONY SOFTWARE over an internal network or distribute the SONY SOFTWARE to other an internal network.
Back-up Copy. You may make one back-up copy of the SONY SOFTWARE solely for archival purpose.
DESCRIPTION OF REQUIREMENTS, RESTRICTIONS, RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS
Limitation on Reverse Engineering, Decompilation and Disassembly. You may not modify, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the SONY SOFTWARE in whole or in part.
Separation of Components. The SONY SOFTWARE is licensed as single product. Its component parts may not be separated for use on more than one computer.
Single Computer. The SONY SOFTWARE may only be used with a single computer.
Rental. You may not rent or lease the SONY SOFTWARE.
Software Transfer. You may permanently transfer all of your rights under this EULA only as part of a sale of transfer of the SONY SOFTWARE, provided you retain no copies, transfer all of the SONY SOFTWARE (including all copies, component parts, the media and printed materials, all versions and any upgrades of the SONY SOFTWARE and this EULA), and the recipient agrees to the terms of this EULA.
Termination. Without prejudice to any other rights, SONY may terminate this EULA if you fail to comply with the terms of this EULA. In such event, you must destroy all copies of the SONY SOFTWARE and all of its component parts.
Notice and Assistance. You agree to reasonably notify and assist SONY in case you learn of illegitimate use of any violation of title or copyright with respect to the SONY SOFTWARE below. Such notice may be directed either to Sony Technical Response Center mentioned in a warranty card which is included in the product package, or to the customer service link to the Sony Site.
All title and copyright in and to the SONY SOFTWARE (including but limited to any images, photographs, animation, video, audio, music, text and "applets", incorporated into the SONY SOFTWARE), and any copies of the SONY SOFTWARE, are owned by SONY or its suppliers. All rights not specifically granted under this EULA are reserved by SONY.
HIGH RISK ACTIVITIES
The SONY SOFTWARE is not fault-tolerant and is not designed, manufactured or intended for use or resale as on-line control equipment in hazardous environments requiring fail-safe performance, such as in the operation of nuclear facilities, aircraft navigation or communication systems, air traffic control, direct life support machines, or weapons systems, in which the failure of the SONY SOFTWARE could lead to death, personal injury, or severe physical or environmental damage ("High Risk Activities"). SONY and its suppliers specifically disclaim any express or implied warranty of fitness for High Risk Activities.
EXCLUSION OF WARRANTY ON SONY SOFTWARE
You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of the SONY SOFTWARE is at your sole risk. The SONY SOFTWARE is provided "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind and SONY, its vendors and SONY's licensors (hereinafter, SONY, its vendors and SONY's licensors shall be collectively referred to as "SONY") EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SONY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SONY SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SONY SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED. FURTHERMORE, SONY DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE SONY SOFTWARE IN TERMS OF ITS CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY SONY OR A SONY AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE THE SCOPE OF THIS WARRANTY.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
HEREINAFTER, SONY, ITS SUPPLIERS AND SONY'S LICENSOR'S SHALL BE COLLECTIVELY REFERRED TO AS "SONY". SONY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY, BREACH OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY RELATED TO THE SONY SOFTWARE. SUCH DAMAGES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF USE OF THE PRODUCT OR ANY ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT, DOWN TIME AND USER'S TIME, EVEN IF SONY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN ANY CASE, SONY'S ENTIRE LIABILITY UNDER ANY PROVISION OF THIS EULA SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID ALLOCABLE TO THE SONY SOFTWARE.
You agree to comply with all applicable copyright protection laws in connection with your use of the Sony Portable Device and SONY SOFTWARE. In addition to the terms provided in this EULA, Sony Corporation and/or its affiliates may take appropriate measures to protect copyright of the contents played by the SONY SOFTWARE.
Sony Corporation reserves the right to amend this EULA at its sole discretion by indicating the amendment at the SONY Site or taking other appropriate measures.
If you do not agree to the terms to be amended, which shall be notified to you by SONY before they take effect, you must return the SONY SOFTWARE with your SONY Portable Device and any other materials bundled in the package at the time of the purchase, together with any software you obtained from Sony Site for a pro-rated. Your continued use of the SONY SOFTWARE after notice shall be deemed agreement to be bound by such EULA amendment.
If any part of this EULA is held invalid or unenforceable, the other parts will remain valid.
Should you have any questions connecting this EULA or this limited warranty, you may contact SONY by writing to SONY at designated contact place mentioned in a warranty card which is included in the product package.
*TM, (R) mark is not specified in this text.