For owners of Walkman NW-A35, we offer firmware update program to the latest version 1.10.
Please read carefully the following instructions.
* This update utility is not necessary if your Walkman has already been updated to firmware version 1.10. by the automatic firmware update function.
[Contents of the update]
 Improved the response when the touch panel is pressed or scrolled.
 Addressed the issues where the sound is skipped or chopped, under certain conditions.
 Addressed other issues.
NW-A35 that has firmware version lower than 1.10.
[How to confirm the Model and the Firmware version]
Please confirm the Model and the Firmware version from the steps below.
- Press Power button and hold switch off.
- Press [options/settings] icon(icon in bottom right corner).
- Press [Settings] menu
- Scroll until bottom and press [Unit Information] menu.
Confirm the Model and the Firmware version.
[Target PC environments]
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 7 (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows Vista (Service Pack 2 or later)
- macOS™ v10.8〜10.12
Not supported by OSs other than above.
[Compatibility mode] for Windows XP (included with Windows Vista and Windows 7) is not supported.
When upgrading, the unit is needed to have a free space about 200 MB.
Please confirm the free space.
If there is not enough free space in the built-in flash memory, transfer any unnecessary
data back to the computer to increase free space.
Please transfer all tracks and data from the unit to the computer in advance, since the tracks and data may be lost when upgrading as they are remained on the unit.
We cannot guarantee in case the tracks and the data are damaged or deleted by this update.
- The update program download is started by clicking “Download” button on the bottom of this announcement.
- After completion of the download, connect your Walkman to your PC by USB cable (supplied).
- Quit all software running on your PC.
- Double click the saved file, and work by following displayed massages.
* Please do not disconnect the unit from the PC during upgrading.
- When the message of completing upgrading is displayed, click [Finish] button.
Please confirm the version when the update program is installed successfully with following [How to confirm the Model and the Firmware version] steps.
The update program installation is succeeded when Firmware version is shown “1.10”.
- for Windows -
- for Mac -
[Contact outside Japan]
Personal information, such as your name, mailing address and/or telephone number, provided to the contact above shall be kept and used by Sony Corporation, Sony Marketing (Japan) Inc. and Sony Customer Service (Japan) Inc. collectively and partially (hereinafter referred to as "Sony") only for responding to your inquiries related to this announcement, the free repair service mentioned in this announcement and other related services. In certain cases, your personal information may be given to third-party companies to whom Sony has consigned certain elements of such service. In this event, Sony will ensure that such third-party companies abide by the same strict guidelines with regard to the use, storage and disposal of your personal information.
* Corporation in charge of handling the personal information received in connection with this announcement is Sony Corporation.
* Please contact to the above Sony call center if you wish to inquire, modify, erase or suspend to use your personal information provided in connection with this announcement. (Please be advised that in case of erasing or suspension of use of your personal information, Sony might not be able to provide appropriate services in accordance with the purpose of usage mentioned above.)