Thank you for your continued interest in Sony products.
Sony has discovered that some NWZ-WS613 wearable WalkmanR MP3 players may experience certain symptoms due to incorrect assembly of the signal wires in the neckband. This only affects some units from the initial production run.
To ensure customer satisfaction, Sony will repair the affected products without any charge if it exhibits any of the symptoms mentioned below. We kindly request customers with the affected products to contact your local Sony Contact Center.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your kind understanding and cooperation
- Volume button on the Walkman does not work
- Mode button on the Walkman does not work
- No volume from the Walkman (or the Volume level decreases to zero immediately) during playback
- Static noise which is not heard from the audio source file is experienced from the left side of the earphones
- Unable to confirm the Bluetooth status as the Bluetooth Lamp keeps alternating between being lighted in Red and Blue, or continuously lighted in Blue
- Charging stops after “OPR (Operation)” lamp flashes in Red twice
<Affected Models and Serial Numbers>
Affected Models: NWZ-WS613
Affected Serial Numbers:
For NWZ-WS613: A part of the serial number range, from 5000492 to 5060302
<How to check the model and serial number>
The model and serial number are located on the back of the Walkman (Right side)
<Eligible period for free repair>
From Nov.19, 2015 to Jun.30, 2017
Personal information, such as your name, mailing address and/or telephone number, provided to the contact above shall be kept and used by Sony Corporation, Sony Marketing (Japan) Inc. and Sony Customer Service Corporation collectively and partially (hereinafter referred to as "Sony") only for responding to your inquiries related to this announcement, the free repair service mentioned in this announcement and other related services. In certain cases, your personal information may be given to third-party companies to whom Sony has consigned certain elements of such service. In this event, Sony will ensure that such third-party companies abide by the same strict guidelines with regard to the use, storage and disposal of your personal information.
* Corporation in charge of handling the personal information received in connection with this announcement is Sony Corporation.
* Please contact to the above Sony call center if you wish to inquire, modify, erase or suspend to use your personal information provided in connection with this announcement. (Please be advised that in case of erasing or suspension of use of your personal information, Sony might not be able to provide appropriate services in accordance with the purpose of usage mentioned above.)